Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Glenwillow is a village in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States. The population was 923 at the 2010 census.
The Village of Glenwillow was carved out of Solon Township and established in 1893 as a company town by Austin Powder Company. As the population in surrounding areas, particularly the city of Solon, increased, Austin Powder was unable to test its explosive products. It moved its manufacturing operations to Athens, Ohio, and closed its Glenwillow plant in 1972. In the 1980s, the village installed infrastructural and utility improvements and added a 250-acre (1.0 km2) industrial park. Served by the Solon City Schools, a system consistently rated as one of the 100 best schools in the U.S. by publications such as Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report, the village has since experienced residential development. In the early 2000s, the village received significant investment through mixed-use development, including renovation of the former Austin Powder housing stock and general store into boutiques, a restaurant, a tavern and a coffee shop, in conjunction with a new town center, village park and new housing in a town plan layout.
Glenwillow is located at 41°21′39″N 81°28′20″W (41.360821, -81.472234).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 2.78 square miles (7.20 km2), of which 2.72 square miles (7.04 km2) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 923 people, 316 households, and 197 families living in the village. The population density was 339.3 inhabitants per square mile (131.0/km2). There were 383 housing units at an average density of 140.8 per square mile (54.4/km2).