Hedrick is a city in Keokuk County, Iowa, United States. The population was 764 at the 2010 census.
In 1882, the Burlington and Western Railway a narrow gauge line, and its competitor, the Iowa Central Railway, built competing east–west lines through the area. These crossed the Rock Island tracks here, so it was a natural location for a station and town.
Hedrick was incorporated on April 23, 1883. It was named for General Hedrick.
The Burlington and Western was widened to standard gauge in 1902 and merged into the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy a year later. The Minneapolis and St. Louis took over the Iowa Central around the same time, and the Burlington line was abandoned in 1934.
By 1991 several businesses in the community's main street closed, and the economy had declined. The school serving the town closed that year.
Hedrick is located at 41°10′25″N 92°18′30″W (41.173733, -92.308294).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.53 square miles (3.96 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 764 people, 310 households, and 211 families living in the city. The population density was 499.3 inhabitants per square mile (192.8/km2). There were 356 housing units at an average density of 232.7 per square mile (89.8/km2).