Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Higginsport is a village in Lewis Township, Brown County, Ohio, United States, along the Ohio River. The population was 251 at the 2010 census.
Col. Robert Higgins was a Revolutionary War officer who had received 1,000 acres (400 ha) of land in Brown County, Ohio for his service to his country. He and his family first moved onto the land in 1799, building a small crude cabin near what is now Higginsport. On September 1, 1804, Higgins started surveying a new community named White Haven on his land, and that same month it was platted and recorded in Williamsburg. The community never grew, and after a number of years, was abandoned. On February 28, 1816, Higgins again replatted the community, this time with 114 lots, and renamed it Higginsport. The street layout mostly followed the original White Haven lines. Higgins also donated a small cemetery (his wife the first person buried here) to the town, as well as land in the center of town for a public park, and about 15 acres (6.1 ha) on the edge of town called White Oak Bottom.