Atlantis is a city in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 2,005.
Atlantis is located at 26°35′36″N 80°06′16″W.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.4 square miles (3.6 km2), of which 1.4 square miles (3.6 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (2.84%) is water. It 834 acres (338 ha) borders the Lake Worth Drainage (L-14) Canal on the north, Lantana Road to the south, Military Trail to the west and Congress Avenue to the east.
The modern history of what became known as the city of Atlantis originates in a ranch called Mulberry Farms, owned by Philip D. Lewis, a former Florida state senator. Lewis's Mission Company raised Brahman cattle on the land. In 1958, real estate developers Nathan Hunt and Paul Kintz purchased the land, and began the construction of what became a gated golf and country club community. The residential development, combined with a small amount of adjacent land for commercial use, was incorporated on June 19, 1959. Its first council was appointed, consisting of James Kintz as mayor, Nathan Hunt as vice mayor, and councilmen Paul Kintz, Marjorie Hunt and William Blakeslee.
At the 2010 census there were 2,083 people in 1,024 households, including 677 families, in the city. The population density was 1,462.9 inhabitants per square mile (565.1/km²). There were 1,140 housing units at an average density of 831.8 per square mile (321.3/km²).