Cedar Grove is a town in Kanawha County, West Virginia, United States. The population was 997 at the 2010 census. Cedar Grove was incorporated in 1902. Its name is derived from the fact that at the time the town was established, a large juniper forest, misidentified as cedars by early settlers, was growing at that location. Cedar Grove is the site of Fort Kelley and the oldest settlement in the Kanawha Valley, dating from 1773. Landmarks located here include the Tompkins Home (1844) and the Old Brick Church (1853).
Cedar Grove is located at 38°13′12″N 81°25′46″W (38.220096, -81.429449).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.72 square miles (1.86 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 997 people, 400 households, and 279 families living in the town. The population density was 1,384.7 inhabitants per square mile (534.6/km2). There were 447 housing units at an average density of 620.8 per square mile (239.7/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 96.6% White, 1.4% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.1% Asian, 0.2% from other races, and 1.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.9% of the population.