Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Glasgow is a town in Kanawha County, West Virginia, USA, along the Kanawha River. The population was 905 at the 2010 census. Glasgow was incorporated on June 20, 1920. Folk etymology derives its name from a combination of the word "glass" with the word "company" for a glass factory that was built there many years ago, but the presence of many Scottish immigrants to this part of Appalachia, particularly from the Strathclyde region, indicates that the town was most likely named after the Scottish city of Glasgow in Strathclyde. Other Virginia and West Virginia locations named for places in Strathclyde include Dumbarton, Argyle, Loudoun County, Hamilton in Loudoun County, Lanark and Renfrew.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.47 square miles (1.22 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 905 people, 327 households, and 236 families living in the town. The population density was 1,925.5 inhabitants per square mile (743.4/km2). There were 352 housing units at an average density of 748.9 per square mile (289.2/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 97.6% White, 1.4% African American, 0.1% Asian, 0.1% from other races, and 0.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.3% of the population.