Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Pratt is a town in Kanawha County, West Virginia, United States, along the Kanawha River. The population was 602 at the 2010 census.
The Pratt Historic District is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Until its incorporation in 1905, the town was known as Clifton. It was renamed Pratt after the owner of the Charles Pratt Coal Company, Charles Pratt. Many of the structures built by that company, including the miners' clubhouse for and various company houses are still standing.
Pratt is located at 38°12′26″N 81°23′14″W (38.207149, -81.387354).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.30 square miles (0.78 km2), of which, 0.29 square miles (0.75 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 602 people, 248 households, and 167 families living in the town. The population density was 2,075.9 inhabitants per square mile (801.5/km2). There were 280 housing units at an average density of 965.5 per square mile (372.8/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 96.5% White, 2.5% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.2% Asian, and 0.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.2% of the population.
There were 248 households, of which 27.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.4% were married couples living together, 11.7% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.2% had a male householder with no wife present, and 32.7% were non-families.