Fraser is a city in Macomb County of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 14,480 at the 2010 census. The city is part of the Metro Detroit region.
The Village of Fraser was incorporated by an act of the state legislature in 1894. The city was named for a lawyer from Detroit named Alexander J. Frazer. The City of Fraser was established by home rule charter November 7, 1956, and adopted by the electors on December 26, 1956.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.16 square miles (10.77 km2), of which 4.14 square miles (10.72 km2) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.05 km2) is water. The city is nearly square, bordered by 15 Mile Road, Kelly Road, 13 Mile Road, and Hayes Road.
As of the census of 2010, there were 14,480 people, 6,105 households, and 3,954 families living in the city. The population density was 3,497.6 inhabitants per square mile (1,350.4/km2).