Ivyland is a borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is known for one of the finest collections of Victorian Buildings in the state and most of it is on the National Register of Historic Places. The population was 1,041 at the 2010 census, a 111.6% increase from the 2000 census.
Ivyland is located at 40°12′32″N 75°4′19″W (40.208908, -75.071946).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), all land, making it the smallest borough in Bucks County.
The east end of Ivyland once was a separate village named Bradyville.
Ivyland was founded in 1873 by Edwin Lacey, a Quaker who was related to John Lacey, a brigadier general in the American Revolution. Edwin Lacey purchased 40 acres (16 ha) of land between Jacksonville Road (today's PA 332) and the Reading Company's future New Hope rail line, today's New Hope Railroad, which was completed to New Hope in 1891. It, as well as a large hotel which was planned for the town, was intended to serve the centennial of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
According to the borough's website, Edwin Lacey, who apparently was no botanist, named the town for the vast amount of "ivy" growing in the area, which turned out to be poison ivy.
The railroad line from the county line to Bristol Road opened November 9, 1874. Samuel Davis quarried the stone for the bed and for a bridge over a local stream, supplied horses and carts for the grading, and boarded the construction workers. In return, he took payment as stocks and bonds, and was also offered a lifetime pass on the railroad.