Hatboro (known locally as the Boro) is a borough in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 7,360 at the 2010 census.
The town of Hatboro is located on land purchased from William Penn by the family of Nicholas More around 1705. The first land titles in town were issued in 1711. Original construction by early residents of the town occurred between 1715 and 1719. Early settlement pre-dating the Hatboro name occurred in the Crooked Billet area east of York Road, between Moreland Avenue and Byberry Road.
Early resident John Dawson entertained guests at the Crooked Billet Inn as well as manufacturing a line of hats. When the post office opened in 1809 the town was officially called Hatborough. U.S. Postmaster General John Wanamaker officially changed the name of the town in the 1880s to Hatboro.
The Union Library Company of Hatboro, the third library company to be founded in Pennsylvania, was formed in 1755.