New Britain is a borough in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 3,152 at the 2010 census.
New Britain is located at 40°17′57″N 75°10′42″W (40.299256, -75.178224).
Natural features include Cooks Run and Neshaminy Creek.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 1.3 square miles (3.4 km2), all of it land.
Eugene James built an estate about 1731 and included the Mathews homestead, a fine Colonial house built in 1744 upon the site of an earlier house destroyed by fire. The village of James Manor was begun on the estate by Wynne James. Nearby villages were Jamestown, New Britain and Vauxtown. The National Farm School, now the Delaware Valley University was built near James Manor.
The Sign of the Horses and Wagon was a tavern in the west end of the village, where Lafayette headquartered at the time the Continental Army marched from Valley Forge to Monmouth, New Jersey.
The first dwelling in the village of New Britain was built at the intersection of West Butler Avenue (U.S. Route 202) and Almshouse Road by David Stephens, who purchased land from Joseph Kirkbride, sometime before 1760.
Early on, the village was called Bittings Store or Bittings Corner for a short time. Most of the people living in village were members of the Montgomery Baptist Church. About 1740 they separated from Montgomery calling their church the Society Meeting House, the first pastors William Davis, Joseph Eaton, and Joshua Jones.