Audubon is a borough in Camden County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough's population was 8,819, reflecting a decline of 363 (-4.0%) from the 9,182 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn declined by 23 (-0.2%) from the 9,205 counted in the 1990 Census.
The area that was to become Audubon was initially settled in the late 17th Century by various land owners and was primarily used for farms and mills. In 1695 the land now known as the Borough of Audubon was part of Newton Township. By the early 1700s the areas first families were building their homesteads. Today, two of these original farmhouses remain in Audubon. The Low-Stokes-Nicholson house was built circa 1732 by John Low. Simon Breach built his home, known locally as "The Mansion House", in about 1740. A large addition was built by shipbuilder John Dialogue in c. 1853. Samuel Nicholson Rhodes, a local naturalist and author, owned this farm, which he named "Cedarcroft", from 1898–1912.