Frankford is a town in Sussex County, Delaware, United States. The population was 847 at the 2010 census, an increase of 18.6% over the previous decade. It is part of the Salisbury, Maryland-Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Located on U.S. Route 113, Frankford, was founded in 1808 and incorporated in 1937. The town was named Frankford Village in 1848 upon the acquisition of a post office. The establishment of the Pennsylvania Railroad brought a hotel, commercial establishments and an opera house to make Frankford a thriving commercial and cultural center. Today, the town is a mere shadow of that golden era with just a handful of thriving businesses.
The Capt. Ebe Chandler House (1880) was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
At the 2000 census there were 714 people, 227 households, and 172 families living in the town. The population density was 1,012.7 people per square mile (388.3/km²).