Berwyn Heights is a town in Prince George's County, Maryland, United States. The population was 3,123 at the 2010 United States Census. It is bordered by College Park to the west, Greenbelt to the northeast, and Riverdale Park to the south.
Beginning in the 1870s, the area northeast of Washington, D.C. was the scene of active and continuous development as the population of the city increased and railroad suburbs such as Berwyn Heights, originally platted as Charlton Heights, gradually grew and expanded around it.
The O'Dea House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is one of the homes that was erected in 1888 by the Charlton Heights Improvement Company to spur development in the new subdivision.
In 1896, it became the seventh incorporated municipality in Prince George's County. In 1967, it adopted its town seal, which contains three acorns. In 1986, it was awarded the Tree City USA title.
A group of the remaining original houses is located around Ruatan Street. Four of the houses were built from mail-order plans made by R. W. Shoppell's Cooperative Building Plan Association of New York City. The following is a partial list of historic sites in Berwyn Heights identified by the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission:
Berwyn Heights is located at 38°59′38″N 76°54′44″W (38.993810, -76.912344). According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.69 square miles (1.79 km2), all land.
At the 2010 census there were 3,123 people, 1,002 households, and 681 families in the town.