Fairmount Heights is a town in Prince George's County, Maryland, United States. The population was 1,494 at the 2010 census. The town was formally incorporated in 1935, making the town the second oldest African-American-majority municipality in Prince George's County. The town is composed of six subdivisions: Fairmount Heights (1900), Waterford (1907), Mount Weissner (1909), North Fairmount Heights (1910), West Fairmount Heights (1911) and Sylvan Vista (1923).
Two Washington, D.C. land developers and lawyers, Allen Clark and Robinson White, platted the first subdivision of Fairmount Heights; separate developers platted the remaining five. Land speculators had purchased the farms that were previously in the area and consolidated the land for development. Clark and White sold the lots to African-Americans. Service on the Washington, Baltimore and Annapolis Electric Railway to the Gregory Station of nearby Seat Pleasant was established in 1908. Fairmount Heights incorporated in 1935 with all six subdivisions. The Fairmount Heights Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2011.