Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Marlow Heights is an unincorporated area and census-designated place (CDP) in Prince George's County, Maryland, United States. The population was 5,618 at the 2010 census. The Marlow Heights Shopping Center first opened in 1957 (but extended in 1960 with Hecht's), adjacent to the large community of Hillcrest Heights. It was joined ten years later, in 1967, by the two-level Iverson Mall, the Washington metropolitan area's first enclosed mall.
For mailing address purposes, the area is part of Temple Hills or Suitland. Marlow Heights is located near the U.S. Census Bureau, Andrews Air Force Base, the Metrorail Green Line and Capitol Hill.
Marlow Heights is located at 38°49′31″N 76°56′52″W (38.825263, −76.947864).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 2.1 square miles (5.4 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,059 people, 2,316 households, and 1,588 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,938.6 people per square mile (1,135.6/km2). There were 2,427 housing units at an average density of 1,177.1/sq mi (454.9/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 8.12% White, 88.53% African American, 0.23% Native American, 1.02% Asian, 0.36% from other races, and 1.73% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.52% of the population.