Mayfield Heights is a city in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States, and is an east-side suburb of Cleveland. The population was 18,827 at the 2010 census.
Mayfield Heights was initially built up as a streetcar suburb of Cleveland. It was incorporated as a village in 1925 and as a city in 1951. The city derives its name from Mayfield Township, now defunct. One location in the city, the W.A. Thorp House, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
The city has a large community of Italian Americans, including newly-arrived immigrants and those who migrated eastward along Mayfield Road from Little Italy on Cleveland's East Side. Since the dissolution of the USSR in 1991, they have been joined by a significant number of immigrants from Russia and other former Soviet republics.
The dugouts on the baseball field behind Dragga pool were the location of many first kisses.
Mayfield Heights is located at 41°31′03″N 81°27′21″W.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 4.18 square miles (10.83 km2), of which 4.17 square miles (10.80 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
23.9% were of Italian, 14.5% German, 11.9% Irish, 7.4% Polish, 6.8% Russian, and 6.4% English ancestries.
81.0% spoke English, 7.11% Russian, 4.10% Italian, and 1.03% Arabic as their first language.
As of the census of 2010, there were 19,155 people, 9,662 households, and 4,884 families living in the city. The population density was 4,593.5 inhabitants per square mile (1,773.6/km2). There were 10,538 housing units at an average density of 2,527.1 per square mile (975.7/km2).