Bellevue is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States, along the Ohio River, adjoining Pittsburgh. The population was 8,370 at the 2010 census. The borough was incorporated in 1867. There is a public park and library, the Andrew Bayne Memorial Library.
Bellevue is served by the Northgate School District.
The land on which the borough currently sits was once part of the Depreciation Lands reserved for Revolutionary War veterans. The first landowners in the area were James Robinson and Hugh Henry Brackenridge, purchasing parcels in 1799 and 1792 respectively. At the time of its organization as a borough, Bellevue had exactly the minimum population for such a designation: 300 residents.
Residents of the area tried unsuccessfully to obtain improvements from Ross Township, but officials were opposed to development along Venango Trail (today Route 19). In response, Bellevue was incorporated as a borough independent of Ross on September 7, 1867. The name of the borough was chosen by J. J. East, a linguist and early resident of the borough, and means "beautiful view."
After the end of Prohibition, Bellevue opted to remain a "dry" town, meaning that the sale of alcohol in stores or restaurants is legally restricted by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB).