Montgomery is a city in Hamilton County, Ohio, United States, settled in 1796. The town was a coach stop on the Cincinnati-Zanesville Road, later known as the Montgomery Pike, with an inn, two taverns, a grist mill and a carding mill to process its agricultural products. It would remain a rather sleepy hamlet until the 1960s when it became an affluent bedroom community for people working in Cincinnati. It retains its historic downtown with many other 19th-century houses scattered throughout the community. It is currently accessed from exit 15 off Interstate 71 and exit 50 off Interstate 275, and it is the eastern terminus of the Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway about five miles northeast of the Cincinnati city line. The population was 10,251 at the 2010 census.
Montgomery is one of the oldest settlements in Hamilton County, almost as old as Columbia-Tusculum. A log cabin was the first tavern of the community; this was a resting place for teamsters and travelers on the main road. In 1806-7 a number of people from Montgomery, New York settled around this point for trade and farming, and named the village for their former home. The city is home to the Montgomery Inn restaurant.
During the COVID-19 pandemic Montgomery held a "reverse parade", setting up floats in Sycamore High School's parking lot and having residents drive by.