Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Silverton is a village in Hamilton County, Ohio, United States. The village was formed out of Columbia and Sycamore townships, but withdrew from both and formed a paper township. The population was 4,788 at the 2010 census.
Formed out of Columbia and Sycamore townships, Silverton had its beginnings in the post-Revolutionary War land grants. In 1809 David Mosner opened a general store at the crossroads of Plainfield Pike and Montgomery Road. For the next several decades the surrounding town was known alternately as "Mosner" or "Enterprise". The Mosner name was formalized in 1861 when a post office opened under that designation.
The future of the community was forever changed in 1883 when the Cincinnati, Lebanon & Northern Railroad opened a line through town, enabling residents to commute to jobs in Cincinnati. Seth Haines and Robert Cresap platted Silverton's first subdivision shortly thereafter. It is widely accepted that the town was renamed Silverton in honor of Haines' wife, Elizabeth Silver Haines.
In 1884 the community was incorporated as the Hamlet of Silverton.