Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Newtown is a village in southeastern Hamilton County, Ohio, United States, near Cincinnati. The population was 2,672 at the 2010 census. Newtown was settled in 1792 and incorporated as a village in 1901.
Multiple Native American mounds and other earthworks were once located on the site of Newtown.
Newtown was first settled in 1792 under the name of Mercersburg. The name was changed before the village incorporated in 1901. Still in existence today are the Odd Fellows' Cemetery Mound and the Perin Village Site, plus the Turpin Site and the Hahn Field Archeological District just outside the village's boundaries.
Newtown withdrew from Anderson Township in the 1960s by forming a paper township.
Newtown is located at 39°7′33″N 84°21′29″W (39.125811, -84.358102). It is surrounded by Anderson Township, from which it was split in the 1960s.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 2.37 square miles (6.14 km2), of which 2.17 square miles (5.62 km2) is land and 0.20 square miles (0.52 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 2,672 people, 1,123 households, and 724 families living in the village. The population density was 1,231.3 inhabitants per square mile (475.4/km2). There were 1,227 housing units at an average density of 565.4 per square mile (218.3/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 94.6% White, 1.4% African American, 0.2% Native American, 1.6% Asian, 0.8% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races.