Try a different search or click on nearby areas below.
Mariemont (pronounced MAIR-ee-mont) is a planned community village in Hamilton County, Ohio, United States. It includes two overlapping historic districts, Village of Mariemont and Mariemont Historic District. Named for its founder, Mary Emery, Mariemont exhibits English architecture from Norman to classic Georgian style. Several parks exist in the village, including the Concourse on Miami Bluff Drive, and Dogwood Park that offers carillon concerts on Sundays throughout the summer months. The village square serves as the community center with red brick Tudor buildings, including the Mariemont Inn and Mariemont Barber Shop. Mariemont has one of the few elected town criers remaining in North America. In 2007, the Village of Mariemont was designated a National Historic Landmark. The population was 3,403 at the 2010 census.
There is archaeological evidence of a Native American settlement in the area that is now Mariemont, but it was abandoned sometime before Europeans settled in the area in 1786. There is a pioneer cemetery adjacent to the Mariemont Community Church.
Mariemont was founded by Mary Emery and planned by John Nolen and 25 leading American architects. Emery and other dignitaries broke ground on April 23, 1923.